In this role, you will plan, lead, and coordinate all activities associated with the execution of commercial HVAC construction projects.
About Our Company
Sound Refrigeration & Air Conditioning has been home to the leading installers of commercial HVAC systems in the tri-state area since 1947. Our projects range from one-room duct modifications to cooling towers, chillers, ice plants, complicated tenant fit-outs, all degrees of base building infrastructure upgrades, and new construction.
Sound’s Project Management Department has overseen a wide range of HVAC projects for notable client projects such as JP Morgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, The Federal Reserve Bank, Sheraton Hotel, W Hotel, Intercontinental Barclay Hotel, CBS Studios, NBC, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Winthrop University Hospital, NYU, Rockefeller University, Columbia University Medical, and others.
We are hiring a Project Manager. In this role, you will plan, lead, and coordinate all activities associated with the execution of commercial HVAC construction projects around the tri-state area. Project Managers participate in the conceptual development of a construction project with the Estimating department and oversee the organization, scheduling, and implementation of projects to achieve the common goals of the project team.
We are looking for an individual with experience leading construction projects and strong interpersonal communication skills. If you are the type of person who enjoys being involved in complex, large scale construction projects and managing professional relationships amongst general contractors, subcontractors, and vendors, this position may be the right role for you.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze construction document plans including mechanical drawings, specs, material lists, etc.
- Participate in job kick off meetings and site walkthroughs to assess field conditions
- Understand project goals and deadlines, determining the scope of work and deliverables
- Maintain effective field construction organization utilizing the necessary engineering, labor, equipment, materials, tools, subcontracted services, and other company resources to effectively perform the scope of contracted work within an allotted budget and time schedule
- Produce progress updates as needed regarding costs and timelines
- Establish collaborative relationships with all parties involved in the project, primarily general contractors, subcontractors, engineers, safety directors, etc.
- Inspect the jobsite on a regular basis to ensure work is done in compliance with the contract as well as all relevant building and safety codes
- Manage multiple simultaneous construction projects
- High School Diploma or equivalent required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Familiarity with commercial HVAC mechanical piping and sheet metal
- Foundational understanding of building systems
- Diligence, attention to detail, and highly organized
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of AutoDesk product suite including AutoCAD, BIM, Navisworks, and Revit
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a vital role in delivering high quality service and keeping our business successful. We strive to treat each employee with the utmost respect. Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Training and Growth Opportunities
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Employer Funded Retirement Plan Contributions
- Health Insurance
- Employee Referral program
- Company sponsored events
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Self-funded dental/vision/VTL/AFLAC
COVID Vaccine Requirements
Sound strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new Sound hires, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sound makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other conditions protected by applicable law.
Fill out the form below to submit your application. A member of our Employment team will review it and contact you if you meet our qualifications for the position.
If you have a resume in Word or PDF format, you may attach it in the form as well.