Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, troubleshooting, repair, installation & alteration of HVAC and related equipment.
About Our Company
Sound Refrigeration & Air Conditioning has been home to the leading installers of commercial HVAC systems in the tri-state area since 1947. Our projects range from one-room duct modifications to cooling towers, chillers, ice plants, complicated tenant fit-outs, all degrees of base building infrastructure upgrades, and new construction.
Sound’s Service Department participates in all levels of construction, maintenance, and repair work. Service partners with a variety of commercial customers with an emphasis on critical systems. As members of the Local 638B union, our technicians are well versed in all HVACR systems.
We are hiring an HVACR Technician. In this role, you will perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, troubleshooting, repair, installation and alteration of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and related equipment and facilities.
We primarily service commercial customers in the tri-state area, and are looking for an individual with good customer service relations and strong communication skills. If you are the type of person who enjoys solving complex problems for clients, this position may be the right role for you.
- Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment
- Diagnose problems in HVAC equipment and perform the maintenance, repair and/or replacement of such equipment
- Utilize a tablet to write detailed follow up reports to be used to generate a proposal and/or order material for repair work
- Interact with customers on-site to understand key issues during service calls
- Attend union classes after hours pertaining to the trade
- Complete system startups and commissioning for new construction projects
- Communicate with an assigned coordinator at the beginning and end of each day
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to and take necessary OSHA and safety courses
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong time management skills
- Experience interacting with customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Diligent work ethic and “can-do” attitude
- Valid Driver’s License
Preferred, But Not Required
- Mechanical systems knowledge for commercial buildings, refrigeration cycles, chillers, water towers, roof top units, gas fired boilers & heating systems, pumps, VAV systems and building automation systems
- Control systems knowledge
- Refrigeration experience
- Piping/plumbing knowledge
- Electrical knowledge
- OSHA 30
- NYC SST card
We’re currently offering sign-on bonuses depending on experience. If you’re looking for a change and an opportunity to advance your career, let’s talk.
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a vital role in delivering high quality service and keeping our business successful. We strive to treat each employee with the upmost respect. Many of our licensed, certified technicians have been employed with us for over 10 years. Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Training and Growth Opportunities
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Paid Overtime
- Employer Funded Retirement Plan Contributions
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Referral program
- Company sponsored events
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Self-funded dental/vision/VTL/AFLAC
COVID Vaccine Requirements
Sound strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new Sound hires, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sound makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other conditions protected by applicable law.
Fill out the form below to submit your application. A member of our Employment team will review it and contact you if you meet our qualifications for the position.
If you have a resume in Word or PDF format, you may attach it in the form as well.