In this role, you will assist in the preparation of bid packages for all manner of commercial HVAC construction projects around the tri-state area.
About Our Company
Sound Refrigeration & Air Conditioning has been home to the leading installers of commercial HVAC systems in the tri-state area since 1947. Our projects range from one-room duct modifications to cooling towers, chillers, ice plants, complicated tenant fit-outs, all degrees of base building infrastructure upgrades, and new construction.
Sound’s Estimating Department has extensive experience with HVAC infrastructure, fitout budgets, and full design projects. Notable client projects include JP Morgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Deutsche Bank, The Federal Reserve Bank, Sheraton Hotel, W Hotel, Intercontinental Barclay Hotel, CBS Studios, NBC, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NYU, Rockefeller University, Columbia University Medical, and others.
We are hiring an Estimator. In this role, you will assist in the preparation of bid packages for all manner of commercial HVAC construction projects around the tri-state area. We are looking for an individual with experience reviewing mechanical drawings and strong relationship building skills.
If you are the type of person who enjoys being involved in a wide variety of HVAC construction projects and managing external professional relationships amongst vendors and subcontractors, this position may be the right role for you.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze construction document plans including mechanical drawings, specs, material lists, etc.
- Understand project goals and deadlines, determining the scope of work and required contents of the estimate
- Identify potential errors or omissions on plans and bid documents
- Develop job proposals with detailed qualifications and cost breakdowns for bid submission
- Manage multiple simultaneous estimating projects
- Participate in pre-bid meetings and job site walkthroughs to assess field conditions
- Establish collaborative relationships with general contractors, designers, engineers, vendors, and subcontractors to clarify job requirements and collect pricing quotes
- High School Diploma or equivalent required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Diligence, attention to detail, and highly organized
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Familiarity with mechanical drawings and commercial construction projects (preferred)
- Foundational understanding of building systems
- Basic proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a vital role in delivering high quality service and keeping our business successful. We strive to treat each employee with the upmost respect. Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Training and Growth Opportunities
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Paid Overtime
- Employer Funded Retirement Plan Contributions
- Health Insurance
- Employee Referral program
- Company sponsored events
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Self-funded dental/vision/VTL/AFLAC
COVID Vaccine Requirements
Sound strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new Sound hires, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sound makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other conditions protected by applicable law.
Fill out the form below to submit your application. A member of our Employment team will review it and contact you if you meet our qualifications for the position.
If you have a resume in Word or PDF format, you may attach it in the form as well.